When it comes to buying a girls swimming costume, it seems like there is an endless array of styles on the market. Are you unsure of where to begin? Well, it’s not as complicated as you may have imagined. There are, essentially, three different styles you need to be aware of:
- Traditional swimming costumes,
There are several key brands, such as Speedo, Zoggs and Maru.
First of all there is the traditional swimming costume. There are a million designs and array of colours available. Also, there is a wide range of styles that cater to personal preference. Leg heights can vary, as can back types and strap styles. For example:
- Closed backs will ensure the lower and mid-back is covered.
- Open backs allow for the majority of the mid-to-lower back to be exposed.
- Thick straps provide a more secure fit and extra coverage. When it comes to younger swimmers, wider straps allow for an even more secure fit for smaller frames.
- Thin straps tend to be preferred by young swimmers who have begun to “train” in the water. This is because they allow for more freedom of arm movement which gives additional comfort as sessions become longer and more intense. However, this will be a matter of preference as each swimmer is different.
The kneesuit is a relatively new style that has grown in popularity in recent years. The provide the swimmer with more coverage than the traditional swimsuit. The suit extends down to just above the knee.
If you’re looking for a fashion statement then two piece swimming costumes are generally regarded as being better suited to the beach than the pool, giving maximum exposure for sunbathers.
However, there are now a wide range of sporty bikinis that are designed for performance in the water.
Before diving in and buying a girls swimming costume, it’s important to get the size right. You need to measure the swimmer accurately.
Take measurements for the chest, waist and hips and check out a sizing chart. Take into consideration that a young swimmer will grow and that their size could change fairly rapidly. This is particularly important if you’re buying a girls swimsuit that you don’t plan on using right away.
Also, it’s important to be aware that sizes may differ from brand to brand.
Our Featured Article : Womens speedo bathing suit make you a better swimmer https://www.clickswim.com/blogs/news/how-can-a-womens-speedo-bathing-suit-make-you-a-better-swimmer